We’re looking for an Android Engineer to join the Setel Engineering team.
We are obsessed about delivering a seamless and frictionless retail experience for our customers. We strongly believe that we can only deliver these amazing experiences for our customers and merchants when we drive a work culture which inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you live to solve hard problems, love proving out new technologies and takes pride in your deliverables, then we’d love to meet you!
In This Role You Will:
- Build new and key features for Setel on Android by working closely with the Product Managers, design teams and backend team.
- Analyze and optimize performance and reliability of the Android app by working closely with your Android teammates.
- Focus on Android design principles and making the app works intuitively.
- Take full ownership of projects from design (collaborate with the design team) to implementation and Playstore release.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high-quality code culture.
- Work with product managers, and engineering leads to understand application requirements, identify solutions, and determine.
- Follow best practices for all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including process & conventions.
- Write unit test cases and follow clean code quality across entire engineering teams.
- Monitor app performance and suggest methods to improve.
- Provide support for resolving customer issues and finding root cause.
Regularly communicate with engineering leads on project and delivery status.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- 3+ years as a Software Engineer on Android platform (ava and/or Kotlin).
- React Native or Flutter knowledge is a huge bonus.
- Great verbal and written communication skills horizontally and vertically.
- Proven ability to ship beautiful, stable and high-performant Android applications from start to finish.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as Appium.
- Strong Computer Science background with good understanding of Android framework and best practices.
- Built, shipped and maintained at least one or two Android applications for a period of 2-5 years.
- Used common tools for software development (Git, Slack, JIRA).
- Built Payment / Rewards & Loyalty / Marketplace /e-Commerce / SaaS apps, but not required.
- Experience working with a distributed team across multiple time zones.