We’re looking for a Fullstack Engineer to join the Setel Engineering team.
We are obsessed about delivering a seamless and frictionless retail experience for our customers. We strongly believe that we can only deliver these amazing experiences for our customers and merchants when we drive a work culture which inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you live to solve hard problems, love proving out new technologies and takes pride in your deliverables, then we’d love to meet you!
In This Role You Will:
- Implement application architecture in conjunction with the engineering leads.
- Work with product managers, and engineering leads to understand application requirements, identify solutions, and determine feasibility & timelines.
- Build & deploy web applications and integrate with internal backend and external APIs.
- Build & deploy various microservices and APIs as well as develop applications that depend upon them.
- Follow best practices alongside your team for all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including process & conventions.
- Write unit test cases and follow code quality across entire engineering teams.
- Monitor API performance and suggest methods to improve.
- Provide support for resolving customer issues and finding root cause.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of engineering processes and tools.
- Regularly communicate with engineering leads on project and delivery status.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- 3+ years as a Software Engineer for a large-scale, mobile-first product.
- Great verbal and written communication skills horizontally and vertically.
- Deployed mobile-responsive and highly reactive front end web applications that serves thousands of concurrent users.
- Experience with Material Design, Angular and React Framework.
- Experience with microservice architectures and understand scaling and concurrency concerns.
- Built, deployed and managed high-performant backend APIs on Node JS.
- Followed coding best practices such as SOLID, Functional Programming or DDD.
- Data are stored in MongoDB/DynamoDB, MySQL/Postgres, and cached in Redis/Memcached.
- Familiarity with Docker containers using Swarm / Kubernetes orchestration.
- Used application performance monitoring tools e.g. New Relic, Prometheus, DataDog etc.
- Used common tools for software development (Git, Slack, JIRA).
- Built Payment / Rewards & Loyalty / Marketplace / e-Commerce / SaaS products.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) toolset is a bonus.
- Experience working with a distributed team across multiple time zones.